Welcome to deertagmuseum.com
. . . preserving the history of hunting, fishing, & trapping in Wisconsin

Guide Buttons & Badges 1917 - 1978
Hunters and fisnermen have been coming to Wisconsin for many years to enjoy their sports. This has provided a great opportunity for those who offer guide services around the state. Starting in 1917 Wisconsin Guides had to purchase a license and wear a badge to charge money for their services. The following year, in 1918, instead of a badge a button was issued with the license. Buttons continued until 1958 when a badge replaced the buttons. During the period 1958-1962 each guide kept the same badge year after year and just had to purchase an annual guide license. In 1963 the badge was again replaced with a button, which continued until 1979.